7000XXLRT Android 4.0.4 ICS official firmware update rolled out for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 consumers in Germany. This official N7000XXLRT firmware update help you to upgrade your Galaxy Note N7000 from Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread to Android 4.0.4 ICS which ultimately improve overall performance as well as offer more security. The official firmware also very good to unroot your device as well as unbrick your phone when your device is messed by a custom ROM.
Galaxy Note N7000 comes with a 5.3-inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display. This awesome phone is powered by dual-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor and a 1 GB RAM along with several impressive hardware portfolio. We are expecting Galaxy Note N7000 will be in the list devices to get official Jelly Bean OTA update soon.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only and only with Galaxy Note N7000 variant. It’s not compatible with other Galaxy Note variants or with any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About phone.
In this article we will guide you to install N7000XXLRT official firmware update in Galaxy Note, model number N7000. For this, we will use a tool called ODIN that will help us to flash the stock 4.0.4 ICS firmware in Galaxy Note N7000 . However, in this process you will lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. You should follow this guide carefully to properly backup your data that you can restore later.
Although, this firmware update roll out for consumers in Germany but should work in other region.
Android 4.0.4 XXLRT Firmware Details:
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000
Product Code: GT-N7000ZBADBT
Latest firmware: N7000XXLRT/N7000DBTLRT/N7000XXLRK/N7000XXLRT
Version: Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich
Base Firmware: N7000XXLRT(4.0.4)
Build Date: 06-09-2012
We should not be held liable for any damage caused in the process of installing this official firmware update on Galaxy Note GT-N7000 variant. Although, it is very unlikely that your device will be damaged if you follow all the instructions as it is which are mentioned in procedure.
Backup your data first using below mentioned instructions, so that if you lost any data you can recover it easily.
SMS & Call Log – Use SMS, MMS & Call Log Entries Backup & Restore App
Contacts & Settings – Use Android default backup options.
Images, Songs, Videos, Files – Copy to Internal/External SD card.
APN and MMS Settings – Note down from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
If you follow everything that we mentioned above, you are ready to move into next page of this guide where we summed up detail instruction on how to flash ICS N7000XXLRT Android 4.0.4 official firmware update for Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
In the last page you learn what to do before flashing N7000XXLRT Android 4.0.4 ICS firmware update. Now, in this page you will see how to update Galaxy Note N7000 to XXLRT Android 4.0.4 official firmware. The step-by-step guide is pretty easy to follow. First you need to download N7000XXLRT firmware zip and ODIN zip, then follow below mentioned guide as it is.
File Required (Download by clicking on it)
How to update Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to ICS N7000XXLRT Android 4.0.4 Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar file and some other files.
- Now extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v1.85.exe and Odin3.ini under extracted folder.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Note GT-N7000 phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down theVolume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button until you are welcomed by a green robot indicating you are in Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v1.85.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Note GT-N7000 with your PC using USB cable. A massage will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” massage in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective tabs from extracted N7000XXLRT firmware folder :
- Click the PDA Tab, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Tab, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Tab, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Tab, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. The phone will then automatically rebooted and soon you will see the Samsung logo. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Note, model number N7000 should now run on Android 4.0.4 ICS build XXLRT. Go toSettings > About phone to verify this firmware update.
Let us know how the process go for you in comment below!