The Giant Note N7000 has also tasted the Jelly Bean Android 4.1.1 Version Officially. There is still the question of doubt that whether this update be only available for the Vodafone Ireland. This update was Catched by the Member at the xda-developers.com forum. You can Install this update on Galaxy Note N7000 Android 4.1.1 by following the Steps Below.
As you Move forward, we will include all the steps to completely make the Backup of your Data. We advice you to follow all the steps strictly, “From Backup Stage to the Flashing State”. Just be on the safe Side. OK, Now lets Begin the Tutorial :
Disclaimer Pop: All the tools, MOD’s or ROM’s described below belong to their respected owners/developers. We (trickytweaks.com) are just representing the method in a Pre-described and in a Better way so that you can Integrate this Update Method in your device easily. We are not forcing you to do this.
NOTE: The ROM is TESTING LEAKED update, and you can use this ROM to unroot the device if you wish to.
Android 4.1.4 XXLRU Firmware Details:
Base Firmware: N7000XXLS2 (4.1.1)
Build Date: 11th September 2012
Regions: Mainly the European Nations Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom and if you imported your set via eBay or amazon then too you can flash this update. For other regions we have not tried to update them.
Do make sure you have the correct drivers Installed of the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Download It. If you have the Samsung KIES installed then there is no need to Install the drivers as KIES will do this task for you.
OK step from drivers. Make sure you have the USB debugging enabled.
- OK now make sure that your phone is fully charged. And do Make sure you have installed all your USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 and make connect it with the computer. How to Check Android Battery Percentage
- After checking the Battery Status, the next Step is Make The Data Backup of the Device
3. You need to enable the USB Debugging Mode and this can be done by
- Scroll down and tap “Developer options”.
- Now check “USB debugging” from there
4. Backup can also be created from the Samsung KIES, But the above mentioned steps are more easy to Understand.
OK The above mentioned steps are the precautionary Steps, to keep yourself on the Safe Side, if in a case you lost your data then it Can be easily restored it.
Now Lets Begin with the Procedure
How to Install XXLS2 Android 4.1.1 Leak Firmware
You Must have the Unlocked phone to flash this Firmware, If you are on any unlocker then do not perform this operation, the phone must be factory Unlocked.
Points to Remember:
- Do not perform the flashing operation on the other variants of Galaxy Note Series
- The Flashing procedure of Verizon and Sprint Galaxy S Series is different, do not relate this method with them.
- Galaxy Note N7000 XXLS2 is a TEST firmware, with all the functionality you can even unroot your device.
- Do not forget to make the Data Backup, INSTRUCTIONS included.
Note : This is an official Release, Android 4.1.1 build XXLS2 after installing this firmware you will loose access to the root applications. For this you have to re-root your phone. If your phone is not rooted then too you can Install this Update as it is an Official Release. This method only applies to the Factory Unlocked Phones.
I am repeating again, there is no need to Root the Device for flashing this Firmware
Step-wise Installing Instructions :
- Download Android 4.1.4 Official Firmware (Leak Testing ROM) Firmware for Galaxy Note N7000 Series and Make a local copy at your Desktop or Drive
- Download ODIN v1.85 This will help you to flash the Firmware files.
- Switch off your phone. Now go to Download Mode. Know How?
- This can be done by Pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
- If you have Previously Installed the Samsung Kies then the Drivers of Galaxy Note N7000 XXLS2 will be automatically Installed. If the Drivers are not Installed then install them Manually or via Samsung Kies.
- Execute the ODIN and connect the phone in the Download Mode.
- If you have successfully connected the phone then ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This process is bit sluggish in nature and will take sometime.
- After identifying the Port Number It will ask you the list of files to be flashed.
- Click on ‘PDA’ and select file with ‘CODE’ in its name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Leave the Step, if there is no particular File of this type.
- In ODIN, Mark the Auto-reboot option, and F. Reset Time options. As for the Re-Partition option only in that case when you have used the *.PIT files
- After this Click on the START button, ODIN will now start the Flashing process and after the Flashing process the phone will restart, this will take some time, don’t be panic.
- After restarting, the phone will show the Home Menu after a little span of time. Disconnect the Cable from the Handset now and then again switch it off.
- Now in the recovery mode. Switch ON the Phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- And by Browsing the Menu Select the Data/wipe Factory Data.
- Your System will reboot now.
Your phone is now Upgraded with the latest Google Android Firmware 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update with the Touch-viz Interface, This is the official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Update which will be released Via the OTA ( Over the Air) or via the Samsung Kies, at first the European nations will be benefited first. I am repeating again, there is no need to Root the Device for flashing this Firmware. But after Installing this Official Firmware Update XXLS2 on your device, you will loose access to the Rooted Applications and for gaining the Super User Access you have to re-root the device.